snom provisioning on 4.6.0
Domenico Chierico
2012-12-12 10:05:34 UTC
I've start testing on 4.6 and I'm experiencing some problems with snom (3xx
series) provisioning.

1) usually (as indicated on the wiki) i use the port 8090 to let the phone
access the configuration file, but seems that this port is blocked from the
standard firewall configuration (is acceptable to change that stuff to
"cluster only" as default).
I just discovered that file are accessible throught porta 80, should we
change the url removing ":8090" or is better to use that port for static
files?

2) snom need to be configured through dhcp to require a specific file name,
to match with the one generated by sipxecs. For this I usually use a class
specification that just affect snom parameters. Can this solution be
considered valid, if so I can try to write a patch to support automatic
snom class definition into dhcpd.

thanks
Domenico Chierico
Domenico Chierico
2012-12-13 11:16:57 UTC
well I've just finished to write the patch that add the firewall support to
the 8090 port for static files and add a Snom class to the dhcp server
configuration.

please feel free to send reviews and comments.

thanks

Domenico Chierico
George Niculae
2012-12-13 11:55:49 UTC
On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Domenico Chierico <
Post by Domenico Chierico
well I've just finished to write the patch that add the firewall support
to the 8090 port for static files and add a Snom class to the dhcp server
configuration.
please feel free to send reviews and comments.
Patch looks great, thanks for contributing. I'll commit in
release-4.6-update but will be part of 4.6 update2.

George
Douglas Hubler