call detail record problem
Jeremy A
2007-11-16 01:02:57 UTC
Hello,

I have a version 3.8 sipx system installed on a fully patched Centos 5
system - running as a VM under VMWare.

The system mostly works but using the web interface to view historic
call records results in a fail message:

"An internal error has occurred. Click here to continue"

My installed sipx software is

sipx-w3c-libwww.i386 5.4.0-3 installed
sipxacd.i386 3.8.0-010988 installed
sipxcalllib.i386 3.8.0-010988 installed
sipxcommserverlib.i386 3.8.0-010988 installed
sipxconfig.i386 3.8.0-010988 installed
sipxconfig-agent.i386 3.8.0-010988 installed
sipxconfig-ftp.i386 3.8.0-010988 installed
sipxconfig-report.i386 3.8.0-010988 installed
sipxconfig-tftp.i386 3.8.0-010988 installed
sipxmediaadapterlib.i386 3.8.0-010988 installed
sipxmedialib.i386 3.8.0-010988 installed
sipxpbx.i386 3.8.0-010988 installed
sipxportlib.i386 3.8.0-010988 installed
sipxproxy.i386 3.8.0-010988 installed
sipxpublisher.i386 3.8.0-010988 installed
sipxregistry.i386 3.8.0-010988 installed
sipxtacklib.i386 3.8.0-010988 installed
sipxtools.i386 3.8.0-010988 installed
sipxvxml.i386 3.8.0-010988 installed

The error message returned in sipxconfig.log starts with

"2007-11-16 06:05:31,933":ERROR:ActiveCallsPanel:?:Cannot connect to CDR agent
AxisFault
faultSubcode:
faultString: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

<snip long java trace>

"2007-11-16 06:06:06,881": WARN:BasicResourcePool:1841:com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$***@11ac882 -- Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending acquires. While trying to acquire a needed new resource, we failed to succeed more than the maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts (30). Last acquisition attempt exception:
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: database "SIPXCDR" does not exist

Checking the configuration web page I see that logging of call detail
records is enabled.

Any suggestions on how to solve the problem will be appreciated.

Jeremy
Tony Graziano
2007-11-16 01:32:44 UTC
sipxproxy-cdr is not installed, explains most, but not all.

Install it and see if the problems go away.

yum install sipxproxy-cdr
[...]

faultCode:

Jeremy
Tony Graziano
2007-11-16 01:56:55 UTC
If you have issues after sipxproxycdr is installed, see this page on the
wiki. There are several things there that might be the issue 9like ipv6
bound, etc.).

http://sipx-wiki.calivia.com/index.php/SipX_ConfigServer_Troubleshooting

Jeremy
Jeremy A
2007-11-16 02:23:45 UTC
Thanks,

installing sipxproxy-cdr sorted the problem out.

The mistake was mine, but perhaps the yum repository could have an extra
rpm? Something like 'sipxstandalone.rpm' that is empty except for
dependencies on all the required modules for a complete stand-alone system

Regarding your other suggestions re time. I have installed the
absolutely latest version of vmware server and vmware tools. For some
reason my time is running just perfectly without any of the usual
fiddles. Host and VM are both running latest version Centos-5. I do run
ntp on the client but it doesn't seem to be doing any adjustments.

For general reference, a 4GB VMware partition is about right - it's 70%
full with a minimal Gnome version of Centos. I am running 256M Virtual
RAM but that may be a bit light as I get a lot of swapping out
occurring. However so far the calls are getting handled with very little
server induced delay.
Jeremy
Martin Steinmann
2007-11-16 04:21:12 UTC
Post by Jeremy A
Thanks,
installing sipxproxy-cdr sorted the problem out.
The mistake was mine, but perhaps the yum repository could have an extra
rpm? Something like 'sipxstandalone.rpm' that is empty except for
dependencies on all the required modules for a complete stand-alone system
It exists and is called sipxecs
--martin